Every business should have an emergency plan to be prepared for unanticipated interruptions, such as fire, illness, disasters or weather emergencies, as well as anticipated interruptions such as those caused by construction activities. Many of the problems associated with these challenges can be minimized with good planning and an awareness of potential threats.
When the unexpected occurs, these resources are available:
- www.nh.gov/readynh is New Hampshire's emergency preparedness website. The site is intended to help individuals, families, businesses and other organizations prepare for emergencies.
- the Division of Economic Development provides assistance to businesses throughout the state, acting as a single point of contact. For more information or assistance, contact the Division of Economic Development at 603-271-2591 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Hampshire Homeland Security and Emergency Management is responsible for coordinating the State’s response to major natural and manmade disasters.
The federal government provides extensive information on emergency planning and response:
- www.ready.gov is designed to provide individuals, businesses and children with the information needed to prepare, plan and stay informed. The site is also available in Spanish.
- www.cdc.gov, the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, provides extensive information on specific hazards (including bioterrorism, chemical and radiation emergencies, mass casualties, natural disasters and severe weather, and public health emergencies) in its section on emergency preparedness and response.
- www.fema.gov provides information on how to plan and prepare, recover and rebuild, apply for assistance and other timely topics.
- www.preparemybusiness.org is a site created by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) that provides education through webinars, planning, testing and disaster assistance information.
For more information, contact the Division of Economic Development
at 603-271-2591.View directions and a map to our offices.