Market Research Tools
Market research is necessary to determine whether the government is purchasing goods and services that your company sells. You can conduct your own research by entering keywords into the following search engines. The Defense Logistics Agency Internet Bid Board System (DLA DIBBS) will also, if available, provide technical drawings and specs.
Join The Bid Match Service
NH-PTAP can automatically match your company's product or service with daily bid notices that report what the government is buying or planning to buy. Find out more information on the Bid Match Program.
If you have any additional questions or would like further information please contact Dave Pease or call 603-271-7581.
Search Government Solicitations:
Login Account Name: ssguest
- DLA DIBBS BOARD: A web-based application that provides the capability to search for, view, and submit secure quotes on Requests For Quotations (RFQs) for items of supply included in the DLA Business System Modernization (BSM) Program. DIBBS also allows users to search and view Request For Proposals (RFPs), Invitations For Bid (IFBs), Awards and other procurement information related to BSM.
- Federal Acquisition Jumpstation provides a list of Federal procurement sites.
- DLA Land and Maritime purchases spare parts and end items for Maritime and Land-Based weapons systems.
- DLA Troop Support purchases food, clothing, textiles, medicines, medical equipment, and construction supplies and equipment for US armed services members. It also supports US humanitarian and disaster relief efforts.
- DLA Aviation purchases more than 1.3 million repair parts and operating supply items. More than 444,000 of the items are aviation parts, including spares for engines on fighters, bombers, cargo aircraft and helicopters; airframe and landing gear parts; flight safety equipment; and propeller systems.
- Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO) is responsible for acquiring communications service and information technology needed by the Department of Defense and other federal agencies to support the joint warfighter.
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCa) is headquartered in Fort Lee Virginia and has retail locations worldwide that sell a variety of groceries, services and electronics. On average compared to commercial pricing, military personal save 30% by shopping at commissaries.
- Acquisition Streamlining Standardization Information System (ASSIST On-Line) is a robust and comprehensive website providing access to current information associated with Federal and military specifications and standards in management of the Defense Standardization Program (DSP). Managed by the DoD Single Stock Point Philadelphia (DDSSO), ASSIST On-Line provides public access to the standardization process over the Internet. ASSIST On-Line is the exclusive source for DoD standards and specifications.
Other Resources & Information
Subcontracting Opportunities & Information on Prime Contractors:
Anytime a large company (prime contractor) gets an award valued over $650,000 (and any construction contract in value of $1,500,000, it must have a small business plan written in its proposal. This small business plan says the company intends to do its best and subcontract down 23 percent to small businesses and within that 23 percent, there are certain socio-economic groups it looks at even closer for goals: 5 percent to small disadvantaged business; 5 percent to women-owned small business; 3 percent to hub zone small business and 3 percent to service-disabled veteran-owned small business.
NOTE: FAR part 19 & 52 outlines the requirements for preparing a small business plan - prepared by large companies only. Small businesses do not have to complete a small business plan.
NH-PTAP, which serves as a Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded in part by a cooperative agreement from the Department of Defense through a program that is administered by the Defense Logistics Agency. The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official views of, or imply endorsement, by DOD or DLA. NH-PTAP is also funded by the New Hampshire Department of Resources and Economic Development and operates as a program within the Division of Economic Development.