Selling to State Governments
NH-PTAP clients sell their products and services to state and local governments nationwide. We can help you:
- find bid opportunities;
- locate State and local government agencies;
- understand the local "rules of the road."
Of course, this is much simpler if you want to do business with the State of New Hampshire, with town, city or county governments; or with other governmental entities such as the University System of New Hampshire.
Most (but not all) State of New Hampshire contracting and purchasing is done through the New Hampshire Department of Administrative Services.
- The Bureau of Purchase and Property manages most purchases of goods and non-construction services for all state agencies. The Bureau's prime responsibility and function is to purchase goods and services for all state agencies and institutions unless they are specifically exempted by law. Below is a link to the Bureau's web site describing their services, which includes instructions on "How to Become a State Vendor".
- The Bureau of Public Works is in charge of non-highway construction services.
- Highway construction contracts are handled by the Department of Transportation.
- The University System (UNH-Durham, UNH-Manchester, Keene State College, Plymouth State University, Granite State College) procures goods & services through USNH Purchasing & Contract Services.
These are the lead purchasing agencies in New Hampshire government, but many State agencies have their own procurement functions, particularly if their needs are specialized and ongoing.
Other New Hampshire State agency purchasing websites:
Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and Requests for Information (RFIs) can originate from a State agency directly, and/or the activity may be posted in the newspaper. Clients should be aware how each agency approaches procurement and frequently track the website or newspaper of interest.
Other New Hampshire purchasing websites:
Purchasing opportunities are also available through New Hampshire cities and towns; download a list of city and town government contacts here.
Procurement websites of other states
Receive notice of new solicitations!
Would you like to receive notice of solicitations from New Hampshire or other states? Consider joining the NH-PTAP's free Bid Match Program. NH-PTAP can automatically match your company's products or services with daily bid notices that report what the government is buying or planning to buy.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please email Dave Pease or call him at 603-271-7581.
NH-PTAP, which serves as a Procurement Technical Assistance
Center is funded in part by a cooperative agreement from the Department
of Defense through a program that is administered by the Defense
Logistics Agency. The content of any written materials or verbal
communications of the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official
views of, or imply endorsement, by DOD or DLA. NH-PTAP is also funded by
the New Hampshire Department of Resources and Economic Development and
operates as a program within the Division of Economic Development.